Thursday, October 8, 2015

What makes me, me

First off, there are many things that make a person who they are today, whether they be large incidents, or tiny things that just so happened to happen.  One major person, or people in this case, that shaped my life, was my babysitter and her son.  Now, my babysitter is Mexican, and I am still in touch with her today, and her son is now 26, so he was always a good deal older than me.  He was my older brother that I never had.  He always got good grades, but more importantly, he introduced me to soccer.  Ever since I could walk, we played soccer together with nothing more than our feet and a wooden ball.  It was all we had.  Now I play soccer like it's going out of fashion.  I couldn't give it up.  Ever.  The second huge thing that my babysitter and her son did for me, was introduce me to spanish. I can speak near fluent spanish now, with hardly an accent, because at the mere age of three, I was bilingual. This has been the biggest help yet, as I can cruise through my spanish classes with ease. Overall, no matter what happens in your life, there will always be those things, events, or people even, who will change your life forever.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see someone talk about relationships outside of their parents -- this is a really unique one, and I'm envious. Really wish someone had taught me spanish, or any other language for that matter, when I was young enough to pick it up fluently. Glad you still keep in touch with them!

    ReplyDelete